Maritime Governance Innovation Video Contest
YCAPS invites individuals and small organizations with innovative ideas to improve Indo-Pacific maritime governance to pitch these ideas via a short video. The most promising innovators will be invited to join a major regional maritime conference in Jakarta where they present their ideas at a large-scale public event.
- Submissions should consist of a video explaining an innovative idea to improve maritime
governance in the Indo-Pacific. The video should be no longer than 60 seconds
- The top three innovators will be invited to join an important track 1.5 maritime security conference being organized by Indonesia’s National Research and Innovation Agency (BRIN) and the United States Near East South Asia (NESA) Center for Strategic Studies in Jakarta on 23-25 April 2024. Innovators will present their ideas to a large public audience during this event. The ideas will then be directly delivered to senior levels of the Indonesian and United States governments. Travel to the event will be facilitated by NESA.
- The innovations proposed should make a positive impact on maritime governance. Specific
areas of impact could be the fields of community resilience, environmental stewardship, economic growth, infrastructure development, maritime security, among others. The innovations could reflect new policies, new applications of technology, improved legislation, or other changes to human activity at the individual, community, or governmental levels. Impacts of the innovation can be regional, national, or local.
- The innovations will be judged by how the contestant persuasively presents their innovation’s originality, implementability, and potential for positive impact. The quality of the presentation will also be considered as the contest seeks to identify fresh thinking and new approaches from individuals ready to persuade others. Innovations from under-represented maritime stakeholding communities will be especially appreciated. Young people, including undergraduate students, are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are encouraged to produce high-quality videos with good lighting and high resolution, but contestants without access to sophisticated equipment will not be penalized.
- Videos and other application materials must be submitted via this application form.
- Submissions must be received by 15 Jan 2024. Winners will be selected by 15 February.
- Videos must be short in vertical orientation with a 9:16 aspect ratio and 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels resolution.
- Finalists may be asked to supply further information.
- YCAPS will share select application videos via its YouTube channel and social media networks.
- This contest is being organized by YCAPS in full partnership with BRIN and NESA.
- Send queries to email@example.com